Steve Taplin CV / Resume
Digital marketing & technology services for small to medium size businesses throughout the US. Founder of this private $10M company with 200 employees at highest point – currently winding down the firm. Started & funded for growth, sales, marketing & technology strategy. Led sales, product development, marketing communications, pricing, market research & customer service.
- Global Expansion – executed business planning to set up overseas operations by purchasing land, constructing an office building & setting up operations for over 100 employees in Philippines.
- Process Improvements | Performance Monitoring – designed web-based software systems—built from scratch—to run back-office operations, hold employees accountable, let everyone know what others are working on via automated workflow processes & checkpoints to minimize human error. Key components include CRM, workflow & task management, executive level reporting & parsing data from outside databases.
- Market Penetration & Lead Generation – produced intellectual capital & leveraged it to generate 120K+ real estate/mortgage & leads annually through internet platforms & using smart search engine optimization tactics & strategic pay-per-click campaigns, setting up 80 person call centers utilizing predictive dialing technology, as well as setting up highly specialized email marketing systems with databases of 5M+ emails across the US with email, video & newsletter updates.
- Created proprietary technology platforms used for highly profitable business expansion in real estate, franchise, REIT & internet marketing companies.
$200M Residential & Multi-Family Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) with P&L $20M & 15 direct reports. Residential real estate acquisition & lending REIT for distressed single-family & mid-sized multi-family assets in select markets.
- Equity Capital- raised $2.5M+ in seed capital by creating a private placement memorandum (PPM) & through network of accredited investors.
- Strategy & Planning –established a managing securities broker dealer operation & an international network of securities broker dealers.
- Global Expansion- set up branch of business in Australia for branding & raising money by forging relationships with Australian financial advisors, accountants, & law firms. Worked with Australian law firm to set up correct capital raising legal documents for Australians.
- Pre-IPO- prepared company to be listed on a private exchange, OTC & / or National Securities Exchange by organizing necessary corporate governance processes & accounting systems to satisfy the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- Process Improvement- designed proprietary software system called “EASI” to automate the acquisition, development, management & lending resulting in major cost savings.
Founder of this $20M private firm with 100 employees. Created & managed real estate investments, niche brokerage & mortgage companies resulting in the financing, acquisition, renovation & disposition of residential/commercial properties.
- Business Builder – in 16 years underwrote & executed 2,600+ real estate transactions including single family homes, apartment buildings, office buildings & shopping centers across 19 states with a market value of $300M.
- Profited $4.1M+ in first 3 years with franchise across 13 states & 60+ real estate teams under management responsible for acquisition, renovation, sales, financing, leasing, & management of properties. Managed carefully through weekly calls with management team & regular site visits.
- Revealed key investment trends, markets & opportunities, forming strategic relationships, facilitating JV’s & partnerships with developers to manage disposition of $300Mworth of assets.
- Equity / Debt Capital- raised $2.5M+ in Equity capital & over $20 million in Debt capital by creating a private placement (PPM) & utilizing Deed of Trust investments through network of accredited investors. Attracted accredited investors by networking, hosting a daily radio show & teaching seminars.
- Respected Industry Expert & Thought Leader – sought-after for start-up & established real estate investment companies, real estate investment trusts (REITs) & mortgage companies on: business & marketing strategies, raising debt & equity capital & exploring new market opportunities.
Originated & led the sales strategy for complex customer solutions, including in-depth cost structures coordinating with numerous divisions of the company. Produced multi-million dollar outsourcing projects. Led 9 sales executives in service to Fortune 1000 & internet startup companies. Sold $80M+ in services consistently exceeding targeted profit margins.
- Powerful Network Building – cultivated strong business relationships with global giants such as Cisco, Motorola, Boeing, Sony, Toyota, United Healthcare, Honeywell, Victoria Secret & internet startup companies.
- Sales Performance – consistently achieved 110% to 250% of sales quota while performing among the top 3% of the sales team in a division that grew to 350+. Scope included sales forecasting, compensation & managing the sales team.
Click here to download a copy of Steve Taplin’s resume